Installing a New Automated Pool Cover
Continuing Our Fiberglass Pool Installation
You’ve guessed it right! We’re hard at work again in the field completing another aspect of a swimming pool installation! This week we’re installing our Automated Pool Cover for the Fiberglass Swimming Pool installation that we covered a couple of weeks ago.
Just a quick recap: this fiberglass pool required a large amount of plumbing to be custom measured & cut. Our client reached out to us when they identified that they needed assistance with this complicated aspect of installing a their swimming pool. So we showed up and helped them get the job done!
Secondly, we poured our Concrete Deck which we sub-contracted to Silver Brothers, Inc. located in Hoopeston IL. During that phase of the construction process, we had to be careful to pour our concrete deck using Stegmeier Forms and set our Polybox. The Polybox is what will house our Automated Pool Cover when it is not in use.
The Final Phase: The Automated Pool Cover
Now that we’ve set our Polybox and prepared our space for our Automated Pool Cover, let’s take a look at our installation. The Automated Pool Cover includes two parts:
- The Cover – this is a custom component that needs to be measured to fit each specific pool shape
- The Motor & Railing – the motor is what drives the opening & closing aspect of our safety cover. The railing allows it to slide smoothly and has to be installed prior to pouring our concrete deck.
The Cover itself is custom designed to fit our swimming pool exactly. It’s often easiest to install these covers on rectangular swimming pools due to the parallel shape of the opposite walls, but they can be custom made to fit nearly any shape. Secondly, the covers come in several different material selections – each offering unique characteristics. We’ve included a comprehensive guide explaining the benefits of these covers if you’d like some additional details.
Lastly, the motor is the driving force behind our safety cover system. These components are near and dear to our service hearts and need to be inspected and maintained each season to ensure proper operation. If you’ve got a safety cover or would like to purchase once, we invite you to give us a call for a free estimate!
The Benefits of a Automated Pool Cover
Automated Pool Covers are valuable additions to your swimming pool for many different reasons, including:
- Enhanced Safety – close the cover when the pool is not in use and lock the control box with a key to prevent children from accessing the on/off switch
- Fits Various Pool Shapes – our rails can be installed above or below deck depending on the layout of your swimming pool
- Electricity Savings – by covering your swimming pool, you’ll save hundreds on heating cost. Your water will stay 8-10 degrees warmer during periods of non-use.
- Multiple Color & Fabric Options – we offer various fabric types that provide different benefits. Of course, we’ve got the color selection to fit nearly any design as well.
- Extended Swim Season – by covering your pool you prevent heat loss, which increases the length of your swim season by nearly 2-3 months!
As you can see, the benefits of adding a Automated Pool Cover to your home are numerous! We believe that this product category fits right in with our business model and enhances our products and services for our customers.
Adaptable to Several Pool Shapes
As we stated above, these Automated Pool Covers are perfect additions to your backyard and can be installed on nearly any pool shape! Of course, there are various installation methods to fit your pool shape; it’s also dependent upon if this is a New Construction or Renovation Job.
Essentially, what it comes down to is: will the railing system be installed above or below deck. One new construction installs, we utilize “encapsulated railing” (it’s encapsulated within the deck) and provides a “hidden” look.
Conversely, if you have an existing swimming pool but want to add on a Automated Pool Cover, we will mount the railing system above deck. This is known as an “exposed railing” system.
If you’re curious about what type of Automated Pool Cover you’re able to add to your home, just give us a call. We will visit your home, collect measurements & pictures and provide you with an in-depth proposal for what we have to offer.
Trust Illiana Backyard Fun with Your Next Project!
In conclusion, we are very excited and proud to provide Automated Pool Covers as premier product to our Illiana Backyard Fun customers! This is a premium product line that enhances the functionality and safety of your outdoor living space. After all, our primary mission is to enhance your quality of life outdoors! Isn’t that the purpose of owning a beautiful backyard – for you and your family to enjoy?
Keep in mind that each Automated Pool Cover is 100% custom. Therefore, it takes a little time to draft our plans and provide you with the details. But trust us, it’s worth it due to the energy savings these covers provide! Also, you can’t ignore the enhanced safety measures it brings to your family.
We also have a long list of other products and services to offer to encompass your complete outdoor lifestyle. Feel free to browse our collection of product pages and articles. You’ll find out more how we can enhance your backyard experience!
- Backyard Pools & Grills – Cooking Up Some Summer Fun!
- It’s Liner Replacement Season!
- The Southport 21′ Round Above Ground Pool – New Installation
- 27′ Nova – Above Ground Pool Installation
Article written by Dallas Web Guy LLC – a local Dallas/Fort Worth business formed in September 2017. Our goal is help “Small Businesses Grow” and we do not deviate from this path!